Ibiza is famed for party-mad crowds and all-night reverie, but tucked away in its far north west corner is Can Pujolet, a boutique family-run agroturismo that delivers a peaceful, rural escape from all that.
Nestled back from the cliff-tops overlooking stunning islets and the sparkling Balearic sea, Can Pujolet reminded us of what you might find in the Sacramento winery hills – a simple space to chill with only the earth, trees and sun; perfect antidotes to urban life.
A typical day at Can Pujolet starts with a late rise to tasty Spanish breakfasts of jamon y queso. And following that we’d recommend a dip in their gorgeous azure pool surrounded by the wafting scent of rosemary and fig trees.
After lunch made with the local fresh produce including from the Pujolet property itself, a 15 minute walk through the wild and rocky “Es Amunts” area symbiotic with Ibiza’s north west, reveals an incredible vista of the Santa Ines cliffs falling away to the ocean, with ancient stone beehives and wildflowers along the way. We can still smell the pine trees.
All that exertion then calls for a siesta in the cool of traditional Ibicencan style rooms.
The property’s dark red earth surrounded by the silvery olive trees also produces oranges, plums, and apricots, which you’ll be sure to sample on your visit.
The rest of the world (and their parties) seems a hundred miles away.
How to get in touch with Can Pujolet Agriturismo Ibiza
How to get to Can Pujolet
Firstly, it’s probably easier if you use a GPS or our map below, but here is the basic route:
- Take the Ibiza – San Antonio road when leaving the airport.
- Before the tunnel, take the turn-off to San Rafael and drive into the village. Next to the bar Pilot (on your right) you will find the road that will take you to Santa Agnès (Santa Inés in Ibicenco).
- Once in Santa Agnès/Santa Inés, just behind the Church on the right you will find a small road that leads to San Mateo (the bar at which served us a delicious cortado and homemade torta)
- Continue through San Mateo (if you are facing the bar – the one with steps up to a verandah – it’s the road just to the right), after 1.6 km you will see on your left a telephone post with three orange marks followed by a large white stone indicating the 900-metre track that leads to the hotel
- The distance from the airport to Can Pujolet is 25 km, 22 km from Ibiza town, and 9 km from San Antonio. Santa Inés and San Mateo, the two villages closest to the hotel, are about 2.5 km away.